Explorer

'I’m Ready': Mahershala Ali Urges Marvel To Kickstart Long-Delayed Blade

Mahershala Ali is still waiting to play Blade, six years after Marvel’s Comic-Con reveal. “Let them know I’m ready,” he says.

Oscar-winning actor Mahershala Ali stepped out onstage during Marvel Studios‘ Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic-Con, where producer Kevin Feige announced that the actor would be playing the vampire slayer Blade.

However, it was 6 years ago. The film would have rebooted the character first originated on-screen by Wesley Snipes and adding him into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, reports ‘Variety’.

Since then, the project has dropped numerous directors, lost cast members and faced several delays. But even through all that turbulent development, Ali shared that he’s keen to start filming on ‘Blade’.

“Call Marvel”, Ali said at the New York premiere of his new film ‘Jurassic World Rebirth’. The actor kept his answer brief when asked when ‘Blade’ production could start.

He told ‘Variety’, “I’m ready. Let them know I’m ready”. Marvel Studios first announced ‘Blade’ in 2019, alongside other projects like Disney Plus series ‘WandaVision’, ‘Loki’ and ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ as well as movies like ‘Eternals’, ‘Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings’ and ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’. But while all those projects have been produced and released, Marvel Studios is still trying to ice-skate uphill with ‘Blade’.

As per ‘Variety’, last October, Disney removed ‘Blade’ from its release calendar altogether, taking it off a November 7, 2025 release date. That came after numerous prior delays, the film’s first official release date was November 3, 2023.

The project first saw filmmaker Bassam Tariq sign on to direct the movie, before he exited in September 2022, roughly two months before a planned production start. Since then, director Yann Demanger has also joined and exited. Actors Aaron Pierre and Delroy Lindo were reportedly attached to star alongside Ali, but both have since revealed that they have left the project.

“It was really exciting conceptually, but it was also exciting in terms of the character that was going to form. And then, for whatever reason, it just went off the rails”, Lindo told Entertainment Weekly about the project back in April.

Back in November, Feige said that Marvel Studios was “still committed” to ‘Blade’.

(This report has been published as part of the auto-generated syndicate wire feed. Apart from the headline, no editing has been done in the copy by ABP Live.)

Top Headlines

Marvel's X-Men Reboot Cast: Adam Driver As Mister Sinister, Sadie Sink As Jean Grey, Inde Navarrette As Rogue
Marvel's X-Men Reboot Cast: Adam Driver As Mister Sinister, Sadie Sink As Jean Grey, Inde Navarrette As Rogue
Avengers: Doomsday Promo Released; Robert Downey Jr’s Doctor Doom Teased In New Marvel Release
Avengers: Doomsday Promo Released; Robert Downey Jr’s Doctor Doom Teased In New Marvel Release
Mark Rydell, Director Of 'On Golden Pond' And 'The Rose', Passes Away At 97
Mark Rydell, Director Of 'On Golden Pond' And 'The Rose', Passes Away At 97
Man Breaks Into Kim Kardashian’s Rs 5.71 Bn Hidden Hills Home, Steals Car For Joyride
Man Breaks Into Kim Kardashian’s Rs 5.71 Bn Hidden Hills Home, Steals Car For Joyride

Videos

Political flash: Amit Shah targets Congress over Vande Mataram controversy in Rajasthan
BREAKING NEWS: Delhi Kalyanpuri Murder Shocks Area as Sanitation Worker Dies in Knife Attack
UP 2027 Election: Gen Z Takes Centre Stage as Yogi, Akhilesh Step Up Youth Outreach
BREAKING NEWS: Varanasi Airport Firing Leaves Two Security Staff Injured
Farmers' March Update: Khanouri Border Sealed as Haryana Police Deploy Five-Layer Barricading

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget