Explorer

Sreesanth launches attack on social media after HC verdict

A miffed S Sreesanth termed the Kerala High Court's verdict to restore the life ban imposed on him by the BCCI the "worst decision ever" and vowed that he would not give up his fight.

Kochi: A miffed S Sreesanth termed the Kerala High Court's verdict to restore the life ban imposed on him by the BCCI the "worst decision ever" and vowed that he would not give up his fight.

In a major setback for the fast bowler, the Kerala High Court decided to restore the life ban imposed on the bowler by the Indian cricket board.

A division bench of the court here said that it cannot conduct a judicial review of the life ban imposed by the BCCI and therefore upheld the appeal.

The 34-year-old pacer took to social networking site, twitter to express his disappointment, questioning the BCCI on allowing Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals to come back into the IPL fold after serving two-year suspensions each.

"This is the worst decision ever..special rule for me what about real culprits? What about chennai super kings ? And what about Rajasthan ?" Sreesanth wrote on his twitter handle.

Sreesanth thanked his fans for their support and said that he would continue to fight.

"Thanks a lot for all the support Nd encouragement given so far. I assure u all that I'm not giving up..I will Keep at it..Nd alwys believe

"Anyway all I have is my family and lots of dear ones who still believes in me..I will keep fighting and make sure I don't give up.."

The Kerala High Court had on August 7 lifted the life ban imposed on him by the BCCI in the wake of the 2013 IPL spot- fixing scandal.

Sreesanth further said, "And what about the accused 13 names in Lodha report?? No one wants to know about it?i will keep fighting for my right..God is great."

Speaking to the media, Kerala Cricket Association secretary Jayesh George said the KCA has been supporting Sreesanth.

"We had made arrangements for him to undergo a full fitness test so as to make him match fit. Now with this verdict, we will have to respect it," said George.

The BCCI had filed a counter-affidavit on the issue in the court in response to the plea by Sreesanth, who had challenged the life ban despite a court dropping all charges against the pacer.

Top Headlines

IND vs SL: Padikkal, Jurel Power India To 460/9 As Sri Lanka Fight Back On Rain-Hit Day 2
IND vs SL: Padikkal, Jurel Power India To 460/9 As Sri Lanka Fight Back On Rain-Hit Day 2
Ravindra Jadeja's Painful Admission On What Once Shattered His Confidence In India Team
Ravindra Jadeja's Painful Admission On What Once Shattered His Confidence In India Team
Hardik Pandya-CSK Trade Gains Support, Shivam Dube-To-MI Move Suggested
Hardik Pandya-CSK Trade Gains Support, Shivam Dube-To-MI Move Suggested
Pakistan Announce Asia Cup Squad, India Clash Set For This Date
Pakistan Announce Asia Cup Squad, India Clash Set For This Date

Videos

Political flash: Amit Shah targets Congress over Vande Mataram controversy in Rajasthan
BREAKING NEWS: Delhi Kalyanpuri Murder Shocks Area as Sanitation Worker Dies in Knife Attack
UP 2027 Election: Gen Z Takes Centre Stage as Yogi, Akhilesh Step Up Youth Outreach
BREAKING NEWS: Varanasi Airport Firing Leaves Two Security Staff Injured
Farmers' March Update: Khanouri Border Sealed as Haryana Police Deploy Five-Layer Barricading

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget