Explorer

Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Distancing Himself From OTT Platforms Initially: 'We Either Get...'

Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, known for his powerful performances across films and web series, recently opened up about his earlier decision to distance himself from OTT platforms.

Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, known for his powerful performances across films and web series, recently opened up about his earlier decision to distance himself from OTT platforms.

In a candid conversation, the ‘Haddi’ actor shared his perspective on why he initially stepped away from the digital space, offering insights into his evolving relationship with the world of streaming content.

When asked about his earlier decision to distance himself from OTT platforms, Nawazuddin told IANS, “That was ages ago! And even then, many of my films were releasing on OTT. That hasn’t changed. My next film is going to theatres, yes—but OTT is here to stay, and it reaches a massive audience.”

In 2021, reports emerged about Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s decision to step away from OTT platforms after he expressed his dissatisfaction with the content being produced. In an interview at the time, he mentioned that he no longer wished to work on streaming platforms due to his disappointment with the kind of shows being churned out.

The actor criticised OTT as a "dumping ground" for repetitive content, stating, “We either get shows that don't deserve to be seen in the first place, or sequels to shows that have nothing new to offer." Siddiqui further described the platforms as a "racket" for large production houses and actors.

However, later, the 'Sacred Games' actor clarified that his comments had been misinterpreted. Nawazuddin explained that his intention was never to quit working on OTT platforms. Instead, he expressed that he simply didn't want to take on projects that resembled serials.

Meanwhile, the actor is gearing up for the release of his next “Costao” where he plays the role of a fearless customs officer. The 50-year-old actor revealed that it was the officer's bravery and the character's depth that made the role impossible to resist.

“There can't be just one reason. There were many factors, actually. But if I had to highlight a few, the two people sitting beside me—Sejal and Vinod—were major reasons. It was the writing. And of course, it was about Costao —his personality, his life story. His bravery, honesty, discipline, and courage really moved me,” he explained.

Directed by debutant Sejal Shah, “Costao” features a cast including Priya Bapat, Kishore Kumar G, Gagan Dev Riar, and Hussain Dalal. The film is produced by Vinod Bhanushali, Kamlesh Bhanushali, Bhavesh Mandalia, Sejal Shah, Shyam Sunder, and Faizuddin Siddiqui, with the screenplay penned by Bhavesh Mandalia and Meghna Srivastava.

Set against the backdrop of the tumultuous 1990s in Goa, “Costao” will be available for streaming on ZEE5 starting May 1.

(This report has been published as part of an auto-generated syndicated wire feed. Except for the headline, the content has not been modified or edited by ABP LIVE.)

Top Headlines

Antara Banerjee Arrested For Allegedly Undressing And Attacking RPF Personnel With Razor Blade On Train
Antara Banerjee Arrested For Allegedly Undressing And Attacking RPF Personnel With Razor Blade On Train
Emraan Hashmi Announces Next Film ‘Gunmaaster G9’; Says ‘...Coming To Steal Your Heart’
Emraan Hashmi Announces Next Film ‘Gunmaaster G9’; Says ‘...Coming To Steal Your Heart’
WATCH: Sikh Group Approaches Sourav Joshi In Viral Video; Wife Avantika’s Reaction Starts Harassment Debate Online
WATCH: Sikh Group Approaches Sourav Joshi In Viral Video; Wife Avantika’s Reaction Starts Harassment Debate Online
Twisha Sharma Death Case: CBI Files 636-Page Chargesheet; Second Postmortem Report Rules Death As Suicide
Twisha Sharma Death Case: CBI Files 636-Page Chargesheet; Second Postmortem Report Rules Death As Suicide

Videos

Twisha Sharma Case: CBI Chargesheet Says Death Was Suicide
Breaking News: Ujjain Mahakal Temple Panic After Current Rumour, Devotees Injured During Nag Panchami Rush
Breaking News: Ujjain Mahakal Crowd Panic Leaves 13 Injured Amid Current Rumour, Crowd Management Questions Rise9
Breaking: Sawan Monday Turns Tragic as Lakhisarai Stampede, Birbhum Fire and Ujjain Chaos Raise Alarm
Breaking News: NTA Faces Fresh Heat as NSUI Protests UGC NET Re-Exam, Demands Accountability

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget