Explorer

Fact Check: Ministry Of Home Affairs Is Not Going To Start Another Lockdown From June 15

False news circulating in social media is claiming that the government will impose another lockdown from June 15. The Press Information Bureau(PIB) has confirmed that this is just another piece of fake news.

New Delhi: There is new fake news circulating in social media which claims that there will be another lockdown from June 15. A screenshot claiming that the Ministry of Home Affairs has hinted towards implementing a complete lockdown once again from June 15th has been circulating in social media. The screenshot in question looks like it’s from a news channel and according to it, the lockdown will also see a complete shutdown of flights and trains. This is fake and has been widely circulating all over social media. Twitter handle @PIB Fact Check which counters misinformation on government policies and schemes, posted stating that this claim is in fact fake. The Press Information Bureau corrected that fake news that was going viral on social media and asked people to be careful of such news. In the tweet, PIB shared the photo of the news screenshot with the tweet in Hindi “Claim: In a photo being circulated on social media, it is claimed that the complete lockdown can be implemented in the country again from June 15 with the ban on train and air travel by the Ministry of Home Affairs. #PIBFactcheck- This is #Fake. Beware of such misleading photos spreading fake news.” Fact Check: Ministry Of Home Affairs Is Not Going To Start Another Lockdown From June 15 (A commuter drives past a mural on a garbage dump reading 'The Real Warriors of COVID-19' after the government eased a nationwide lockdown imposed as a preventive measure against the COVID-19 coronavirus, in New Delhi on June 9, 2020. - Delhi authorities warned on June 9 that they expect cases in the Indian capital to shoot up almost 20 times to more than half a million in the coming weeks. Photo by SAJJAD HUSSAIN / AFP) The current COVID-19 cases are touching close to 3 lakh cases in the country, the jump to cases is increasing at an alarming rate. The total death recorded so far 8102. PM Modi during his address to the Indian Chamber of Commerce said that the pandemic should be considered an opportunity for a self-reliant India. "Every single person in fighting against the pandemic, but in the midst of all this, every countryman is now also filled with the resolve that this disaster is to be converted into an opportunity, we have to make it a big turning point of the country," he said.

Top Headlines

Rahul Gandhi’s Pune Event Gets Police Nod With 30 Conditions: No Drones, 4 Entry Gates, Separate Seating
Rahul Gandhi’s Pune Event Gets Police Nod With 30 Conditions: No Drones, Separate Seating
Raksha Bandhan 2026: UP Students Send Rakhis And Messages To PM Modi, President And Security Forces Via Post
Raksha Bandhan 2026: UP Students Send Rakhis And Messages To PM Modi, President And Security Forces
Punjab Bandh Today: What Remains Open And Shut, Why Sikh Bodies Are Protesting
Punjab Bandh Today: What Remains Open And Shut, Why Sikh Bodies Are Protesting
Imran Khan Shifted Back To Jail After Few Hours At Islamabad Hospital
Imran Khan Shifted Back To Jail After Few Hours At Islamabad Hospital

Videos

Breaking: Kangana-Ramdev Row Escalates as ‘Character’ Remark Sparks Fresh Political Storm
Rajasthan School Row: Congress Protest Erupts at Assembly, Sachin Pilot Targets Govt
Breaking: Vande Mataram Row Escalates as Amit Shah Attacks Congress Over Two-Verse Decision
Breaking: Home Minister Attacks Congress Over Vande Mataram, Accuses Party of Appeasement Politics
BREAKING: Government Caps Large-Buyer Stocks as Prices Cross ₹65 Ahead of Festivals

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget