Explorer

CBI Files Chargesheet Against Former J-K Governor Satya Pal Malik In Corruption Case

The chargesheet includes the names of two company directors as well as two individuals who served as Satya Pal Malik’s private secretaries during the time.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday filed a chargesheet against former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik and five others in the Kiru hydropower corruption case.

The chargesheet includes the names of two company directors as well as two individuals who served as Satya Pal Malik’s private secretaries during the time.

The CBI has filed a chargesheet against former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik and five others in connection with alleged corruption in the award of Rs 2,200-crore civil works for Kiru hydropower project. The names include MS Babu, MK Mittal, Arun Kumar Mishra, Virendra Rana and Kanwar Singh Rana, a report in IANS said.

The probe agency has submitted its findings after three years of probe before a special court naming Malik and five others as accused. In a message on 'X' on Thursday, Malik said he was admitted in the hospital and not in a condition to talk to anyone.

The former governor said he was getting calls from many well-wishers which he was unable to take. The CBI had conducted searches at the premises of Malik and others in connection with the case in February last year.

In a statement after the registration of the FIR in 2022, the CBI had said the case pertains to the alleged malpractices in the award of the contract worth about Rs 2,200 crore of civil works of the Kiru Hydro Electric Power (HEP) Project to a private company in 2019.

Malik, who was the J&K Governor from August 23, 2018 to October 30, 2019, claimed he was offered a Rs 300-crore bribe for clearing two files, including the one pertaining to the project. He had denied allegations of corruption against him after the agency conducted search operation last year.

Malik said his residence was raided by the CBI instead of investigating the people he had complained about and who were involved in corruption. "They will not get anything except 4-5 kurtas and pyjamas. The dictator is trying to scare me by misusing government agencies. I am a farmer's son, I will neither be afraid nor bow down," he had posted online.

About the author ABP Live News

ABP Live News delivers round-the-clock coverage of India and the world, tracking politics, policy, governance, crime, courts and breaking developments, while offering sharp, verified reporting that helps readers stay informed, aware and connected to the stories shaping public life.

Read More

Top Headlines

‘We Are Gen Z’ Is New ‘Jaantay Nahin Ho Mera Baap Kaun Hai': Omar Abdullah On Viral Kargil Video
‘We Are Gen Z’ Is New ‘Jaantay Nahin Ho Mera Baap Kaun Hai': Omar Abdullah On Viral Kargil Video
China ‘Entered 60 Km’ Into Arunachal? Rijiju Rejects Claim, Calls Videos ‘Misinformation’
China ‘Entered 60 Km’ Into Arunachal? Rijiju Rejects Claim, Calls Videos ‘Misinformation’
New Supreme Court Bar Council Team Takes Charge: Pradeep Rai Calls CJI Surya Kant ‘Fatherly Figure’
New SC Bar Council Team Takes Charge, Calls CJI Surya Kant ‘Fatherly Figure’
SC Seeks Centre, NCPCR Response On Plea For National DNA, Biometric System For Missing Children
SC Seeks Centre, NCPCR Response On Plea For National DNA, Biometric System For Missing Children

Videos

BIG BREAKING: Tejashwi Yadav to Lead RJD’s Raj Bhavan March in Support of Student Protest
EXPRESSWAY CONTROVERSY: Workers Use ‘Jugaad’ to Clear Waterlogging, Congress Takes Dig
STUDENT PROTEST: Students Protest Teacher Shortage, Poor Food and Alleged Assaults in Unnao
BIG BREAKING: Imran Masood and Ashu Malik Clash During Saharanpur Disha Meeting
Satyendar Jain Arrest: Former Delhi Minister to Appear in Court

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget