Explorer

Complete Lockdown Imposed In Maharashtra's Nanded, Beed From March 25 Till April 4 Amid Surge In COVID-19 Cases

In the wake of rising number of Coronavirus cases in Maharashtra, a complete Lockdown has been imposed in Nanded and Beed starting from March 25 till April 4. 

Coronavirus cases in Maharashtra: In the wake of rising number of Coronavirus cases in Maharashtra, a complete lockdown has been imposed in Maharashtra's Nanded and Beed districts starting from March 25 till April 4. 

In both districts, essential services will continue to function while grocery stores and shops selling milk, vegetable fruits will open between 7 a.m. to 12 noon.

ALSO READ | Maharashtra Records Over 31,000 Coronavirus Cases, Highest Single-Day Spike So Far

Nanded is the second largest district in the Marathwada region has reported more than 70,000 cases since the second wave.

In Beed the active cases are - 2991, total cases 23198 - recovered 19, 609, 592 deaths. 

In Nanded the active cases are - 10106, total cases - 34050, recovered - 23218, 720 deaths. 

The lockdown comes at a time when the rabi harvest season is at its last stage with farmers being engaged in offloading their crops.

According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), 23,64,38,861 samples have been tested till March 23, with 10,25,628 samples tested on Tuesday.

Out of the 275 new fatalities, 132 deaths were reported from Maharashtra, 53 from Punjab, 20 from Chhattisgarh and 10 from Kerala.

A total of 1,60,441 deaths have been reported so far in the country, including 53,589 from Maharashtra, 12,618 from Tamil Nadu, 12,449 from Karnataka, 10,967 from Delhi, 10,310 from West Bengal, 8,764 from Uttar Pradesh and 7,193 from Andhra Pradesh.

Mumbai had remained in the 3,000-plus range for the second consecutive day on Tuesday, recording 3,514 new cases, taking its tally to 369,451, and 11,604 deaths.

The state recovery rate dropped from 89.22 percent to 88.73 percent, while the death rate stood at 2.12 percent, and the number of active cases jumped up to 230,641.

Meanwhile, the number of people sent to home isolation shot above the million-mark to 11,77,265 while those shunted to institutional quarantine increased to 11,887 on Tuesday.

(With inputs from agencies)

Top Headlines

UGC-NET Row: Over 50 NTA Staff Removed, Prahlad Joshi Orders Major Exam System Overhaul
UGC-NET Row: Over 50 NTA Staff Removed, Joshi Orders Major Exam System Overhaul
Iran Says 60-Day US Talks Timeline ‘Lost Relevance’, Blames Washington For ‘Violations’
Iran Says 60-Day US Talks Timeline ‘Lost Relevance’, Blames Washington For ‘Violations’
BJP’s New Team: 51 New Faces, 14 Leaders Retained-Who Made The Cut?
BJP’s New Team: 51 New Faces, 14 Leaders Retained-Who Made The Cut?
Trump Threatens To Bomb Oman Over Strait Of Hormuz Reopening Efforts
Trump Threatens To Bomb Oman Over Strait Of Hormuz Reopening Efforts

Videos

Twisha Sharma Case: CBI Chargesheet Says Death Was Suicide
Breaking News: Ujjain Mahakal Temple Panic After Current Rumour, Devotees Injured During Nag Panchami Rush
Breaking News: Ujjain Mahakal Crowd Panic Leaves 13 Injured Amid Current Rumour, Crowd Management Questions Rise9
Breaking: Sawan Monday Turns Tragic as Lakhisarai Stampede, Birbhum Fire and Ujjain Chaos Raise Alarm
Breaking News: NTA Faces Fresh Heat as NSUI Protests UGC NET Re-Exam, Demands Accountability

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget