Explorer

Nora Fatehi Files Defamation Case Against Jacqueline Fernandez Over Rs 200 Crore Extortion Case

Bollywood actor Nora Fatehi allegedly sued Jacqueline Fernandez and 15 media organisations for defamation.

New Delhi: In response to Jacqueline Fernandez's defamatory comments, Bollywood actor Nora Fatehi reportedly filed a lawsuit on Monday against the former as well as 15 media outlets.

According to NDTV reports, Fatehi charged the media organisations with "carrying forward and circulating" the comments made by Fernandez. She also stated that the media organisations and her contemporary "were acting in connivance with each other."

Nora Fatehi made this claim in the petition that she submitted through her lawyer. "A conspiracy by the Accused No. 1 to ensure the financial, social, and personal downfall of the complainant was hatched, and enacted by the said action," Ndtv quoted the actor's petition.

"It has started to become evident that the aforementioned rivals being unable to compete with the complainant fairly in the industry have started to try and tarnish her reputation which would cause her loss of work and hence would open up greener pastures for her rivals in the industry," it continued.

Reportedly, the remark in concern is connected to the 200 crore extortion case that government agencies are looking into and in which con man Sukesh Chandrashekhar is the primary culprit. 

Since it was uncovered that Jacqueline Fernandez received costly presents from the con man, she has been identified as an accused in the case. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) questioned Jacqueline Fernandez and Nora Fatehi in relation to a money laundering case brought against con man Sukesh Chandrashekhar.

On December 2, actor Jacqueline Fernandez had denied receiving any presents from Sukesh when she left the Enforcement Directorate office after giving her statement.

Jacqueline Fernandez had previously argued before the Appellate Authority of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) that even though Nora Fatehi and other celebrities who received gifts from Sukesh Chandrashekhar are made witnesses, she is being hauled in as an accused.

Nora Fatehi denied all claims and stated she was unrelated to the incident. She insisted that Lena Maria Paul, Sukesh Chandrashekhar's wife, was the only one she had direct touch with. Further, the actor denied accepting any presents from Chandrashekhar.

Top Headlines

8-Foot-Long Snake Spotted At Shah Rukh Khan’s Mannat, Rescued Safely
8-Foot-Long Snake Spotted At Shah Rukh Khan’s Mannat, Rescued Safely
Pawan Khera Recalls Hearing Rajesh Khanna's Song While Clearing Late Sister’s Mumbai Flat: ‘Lullaby Sung By Death’
Pawan Khera Recalls Hearing Rajesh Khanna's Song While Clearing Late Sister’s Mumbai Flat: ‘Lullaby Sung By Death’
Kashmera Shah Shares Cryptic Post Amid Govinda-Sunita Ahuja Controversy, Asks ‘Does True Love Exist?’
Kashmera Shah Shares Cryptic Post Amid Govinda-Sunita Ahuja Controversy, Asks ‘Does True Love Exist?’
Yash Corrects Rajat Sharma’s ‘Kannad’ Pronunciation During 'Toxic' Interview, Says ‘It Is Kannada’
Yash Corrects Rajat Sharma’s ‘Kannad’ Pronunciation During 'Toxic' Interview, Says ‘It Is Kannada’

Videos

BREAKING NEWS: Champat Rai and Anil Mishra Get Clean Chit in Ram Temple Donation Case
POLITICAL ROW: Vande Mataram Controversy Intensifies After Congress Sings Only Two Verses
BIG CONTROVERSY: Naxalism Victims Question Leaders Calling Themselves ‘Ideological Naxals’
Breaking News: Delhi Police Tells Supreme Court No Excessive Force Used During July 20 Student Protest
Breaking: Ram Temple Donation Theft SIT Report Gives Clean Chit to Champat Rai, Anil Mishra

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget