Explorer

Madhya Pradesh: Teen Dies While Playing PUBG, 'Heart Attack' Suspected

19-year-old Deepak Rathore, who had a disability in his legs, was a student of Class 11 and usually stayed home, attending online classes and spending time on his mobile phone, according to police.

New Delhi: A 19-year-old youth died in Dewas district of Madhya Pradesh after he allegedly collapsed while playing PUBG on his mobile phone, according to reports.

The cause of his death could be cardiac arrest, a PTI report said Tuesday, quoting the local police.

Deepak Rathore was a student of Class 11, and had a disability in his legs, according to the report. The incident took place Sunday afternoon.

According to Deepak’s family members he allegedly collapsed while playing PUBG on his mobile phone at his home, PTI quoted Anil Sharma, in-charge of the area police station, as saying. 

Sharma said the teenager was rushed to the hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival.

Deepak usually stayed at home and attended classes online, the police said, adding that he spent time playing games on his mobile phone. 

The body of the teenager was handed over to the family after post mortem, the PTI report said, adding that viscera samples would be sent to Bhopal for examination.

According to the police, their initial investigation has revealed that Deepak might have died due to a cardiac arrest.

A case has been registered and further investigation is on.

PUBG Mobile India Available As Battlegrounds Mobile India

While India had banned the original PUBG (Player Unknown Battle Grounds) Mobile last year after concerns were raised from several quarters, other versions of the game are available to mobile users in the country.

In April this year, a 12-year-old boy was found dead in Mangalore’s Ullal city a day after he reportedly went missing. According to media reports, the local police had detained a 17-year-old whom the deceased had met online and used to play PUBG with.

Children and youngsters’ addiction to PUBG and other games has become a cause for concern for all parents. Even a sitting judge has recently written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, demanding a ban on Garena Free Fire and PUBG India (now Battlegrounds Mobile India), saying they are having a bad effect on the youth of the country.

According to an August 2 report in The Times of India, Additional District Judge Naresh Kumar Laka in his letter to Modi praised the decision to ban PUBG Mobile India last year, said Garena Free Fire and Battlegrounds Mobile India should also be banned as soon as possible ss they are easily available on Google Play.

Top Headlines

'He's AAP Worker, How Did He Become A Student?': Kiren Rijiju Targets CJP Founder Abhijeet Dipke
'He's AAP Worker, How Did He Become A Student?': Kiren Rijiju Targets CJP Founder Abhijeet Dipke
Ramdas Athawale Invites CJP Founder Dipke To NDA: 'Join RPI(A), Help Fulfil Ambedkar's Vision'
Ramdas Athawale Invites CJP Founder Dipke To NDA: 'Join RPI(A), Help Fulfil Ambedkar's Vision'
14 Of 28 CMs Face Serious Criminal Cases; Revanth Reddy Tops List, Suvendu Adhikari Second
14 Of 28 CMs Face Serious Criminal Cases; Revanth Reddy Tops List, Suvendu Adhikari Second
'Don't Do Injustice': JSSC CGL Candidates Oppose Exam Cancellation In Jharkhand, Threaten Legal Action
JSSC CGL Cancellation: Why Are Selected Candidates Protesting Against Jharkhand Govt?

Videos

BIG UPDATE: Delhi Police Tells Supreme Court Minimal Force Used During July 20 Student Protest
Breaking: BJP Puts Vinod Tawde in Charge of UP as New State Appointments Signal Election Push
BREAKING NEWS: Lucknow Sub-Inspector Attacked During Illegal Dairy Drive, Video Goes Viral
BIG UPDATE: BJP Appoints Vinod Tawde UP In-Charge, Tarun Chugh Gujarat & Satish Poonia Punjab
BREAKING NEWS: Gen Alpha Girls March at Midnight in Dhar Over Poor Hostel Facilities

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget