Explorer

Centre keeping close eye on Kulbhushan Jadhav situation, GoI will do what it considers correct: BJP

Bhubaneswar: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday said the Centre would leave no stones unturned to retrieve alleged Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav even as Pakistan has prepared a new dossier to be submitted at the United Nations for his involvement in espionage and sabotage activities in Karachi and Balochistan. “Certainly India is going to look at the situation very seriously, the Government of India will do what it considers correct. We need to bear in mind that a sham trial has taken place,” BJP spokesperson Nalin Kohli said. “Now clearly it appears that a cover up is taking place about it. No consular access has been provided. The government feels that certain decisions have to be taken in the national interest and they will certainly do so,” he added. The new dossier is based on the early video confessional statement and also statements given in front of the court by Jadhav, reports Pakistan media. The attested report of Court Martial General will also be included in the dossier. The dossier will also reportedly include the timeline of Jadhav’s militant activities and also the court proceedings. Indian High Commissioner Gautam Bambawale on Friday asked Pakistan to provide a copy of the chargesheet filed and the judgment given against Jadhav while strongly raising this issue. The Indian side also conveyed that it will appeal the order and is studying the Pakistan Army Act for the same. In a meeting with Pakistan Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua, the Indian envoy sought consular access to Jadhav for the 14th time. However, Janjua said since it is a case of espionage, consular access can’t be granted contrary to the Indian High Commission’s claim that the same must be granted under international law. A military court in Pakistan earlier this week found Jadhav guilty on two counts of espionage and sentenced him to death. Jadhav was arrested in March last year, “for his involvement in espionage and sabotage activities against Pakistan,” according to a statement released by the Pakistan armed forces. On the one hand India is trying everything possible to get access to Kulbhushan Jadhav, on the other hand Pakistan is trying to make its case more "strong" and has prepared a new dossier to be submitted to the United Nations (UN), in regard with more 'evidence' against alleged Indian spy, who is given death sentence on the charges of espionage and sabotage. According to the Pakistan media reports, the new dossier is based on the early video clip confessional statement and also statements given by Jadhav in front of the court for his involvement in espionage and sabotage activities in Balochistan and Karachi. The dossier will also have attached the attested report of Court Martial General and will also reportedly include the timeline of Jadhav's militant activities. It will also have attached the court proceedings. On Friday, Indian High Commissioner Gautam Bambawale asked Pakistan to provide a copy of the chargesheet filed and the judgment given against Kulbhushan Jadhav. He strongly raised this issue and Indian side also conveyed that it will appeal the order and is studying the Pakistan Army Act for the same. Once again the the Indian envoy in a meeting with Pakistan Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua sought consular access to Jadhav for the 14th time.

Top Headlines

‘Cheap, Attention-Seeking Politics’: JP Nadda Slams Rahul Gandhi Over Protest
‘Cheap, Attention-Seeking Politics’: JP Nadda Slams Rahul Gandhi Over Protest
‘Why So Scared Of Justice?’ Rahul Gandhi Targets Amit Shah Amid Row Over Pellet Injury Victim’s FIR
‘Why So Scared Of Justice?’ Rahul Gandhi Targets Amit Shah Amid Row Over Pellet Injury Victim’s FIR
Rahul Gandhi Sits On Dharna Outside DCP Office After Delhi Police Refuses FIR In Pellet Gun Victim's Case
Rahul Gandhi Sits On Dharna Outside DCP Office Over Pellet Gun Victim’s FIR
Delimitation Takes Centre Stage As Shah Meets South CMs; Vijay, Shivakumar Seek 25-Year Seat Freeze
Delimitation In Focus As Shah Meets South CMs; Vijay, Shivakumar Seek 25-Year Seat Freeze

Videos

BREAKING: Rahul Gandhi's Police Station Protest Intensifies as Congress Demands FIR in Pellet Gun Case
BREAKING: Rahul Gandhi Stages Sit-In Outside Delhi Police Station, Demands FIR Over Pellet Gun Case
Breaking News: Rahul Gandhi Seeks FIR Over Alleged Pellet Gun Use Against Students in Delhi
Breaking: Rahul Gandhi Demands FIR Over Alleged Pellet-Gun Use on Students, Stays at Delhi Police Station
Breaking: Rahul Gandhi at Delhi Police HQ: Possible Jantar Mantar Pellet-Gun Complaint Under Review

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget