Explorer

Sukesh Chandrashekhar Extortion Case: Jacqueline Deleted Evidence From Phone, Says ED

The ED said that during the investigation it emerged that Jacqueline enjoyed the proceeds of crime which the main accused (Sukesh Chandrashekhar and Leena Maria Paul) obtained by extortion.

New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has claimed that Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez had deleted evidence from her cell phone, and also tried to leave the country.

The ED made this submission while opposing the actor's bail plea in connection with a money laundering case pertaining to Rs 200 crore extortion matter involving multimillionaire conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar, an official said on Saturday.

The IANS is in possession of ED documents which confirm that she had deleted data from her cell phone.

"She admitted deleting crucial evidence on her phone and further had told others to delete the evidence which amounts to tampering of evidence. She also tried to flee abroad," the ED has claimed.

The ED said that during the investigation it emerged that Jacqueline enjoyed the proceeds of crime which the main accused (Sukesh Chandrashekhar and Leena Maria Paul) obtained by the route of extortion from Aditi (wife of Shivinder Singh).

Jacqueline had knowledge of the criminal antecedents of the main accused -- Sukash and Leena.

"She not only used and enjoyed the proceeds of crime herself but also shared that with her family members staying abroad while knowing very well that the money and gifts showered by Chandrasekar were nothing but proceeds of crime not earned by him through any genuine source. An amount of Rs 7,12,24,767 had been identified till now as proceed of crime and the same was attached," the ED said.

The ED said that Jacqueline never cooperated with the investigation team, and only when confronted with evidence and statements, she had made disclosure.

Initially, Jacqueline denied that Chandrashekhar had purchased two cars for her parents but on December 12, 2021 she admitted it. She also stated that her sister had received $1,72,913 in her account.

Fernandez was granted interim bail. She has not been given regular bail. The court has extended her interim bail till the next date of hearing.

ALSO READ: Vivek Ranjan Agnihotri's ‘The Kashmir Files’ Officially Gets Selected For ‘Indian Panorama For IFFI 2022’

Top Headlines

Devoleena Bhattacharjee Raises Concern Over Swords Seen At Jantar Mantar CJP Protest, Shares Viral Video
Devoleena Bhattacharjee Raises Concern Over Swords Seen At Jantar Mantar CJP Protest, Shares Viral Video
Viral Kumbh Mela Girl Monalisa Bhosle Gets Police Protection After Marrying Muslim Man In Kerala
Viral Kumbh Mela Girl Monalisa Bhosle Gets Police Protection After Marrying Muslim Man In Kerala
Thursday Box Office Collection: The Odyssey Continues Strong Run; Jana Nayagan Crosses 1 Million Tickets Before Release
Thursday Box Office Collection: The Odyssey Continues Strong Run; Jana Nayagan Crosses 1 Million Tickets Before Release
Paper leak serious issue, my heart goes out to those hurt: Salman Khan
Paper leak serious issue, my heart goes out to those hurt: Salman Khan

Videos

NEET Political Row: Rahul Gandhi To Address Press Conference On Paper Leak And Parliament Standoff
Delhi Metro Alert: 16 Stations Shut Amid Security Concerns, Entry and Exit Restricted
NEET Row: Kharge Demands Discussion Under Rule 267, Says Opposition Ready After Procedure Is Set
NEET Debate: Government Says Ready For Discussion, Seeks Rules and Schedule Agreement
NEET Protest Row: Congress Vows Parliament Standoff Until Demands on Education Minister Are Met

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget