Explorer

Govt Rules Out Intelligence Failure In Pulwama Attack

The Centre on Wednesday ruled out any intelligence failure in the Pulwama attack and said that the NIA has identified the conspirators and suicide attacker responsible for the February 14 terror strike.

New Delhi: The Centre on Wednesday ruled out any intelligence failure in the Pulwama attack and said that the NIA has identified the conspirators and suicide attacker responsible for the February 14 terror strike in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed. Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Home Affairs G Kishan Reddy said that Jammu and Kashmir is affected by terrorism sponsored and supported from across the border for the last three decades. "Owing to the policy of zero tolerance towards terrorism and sustained action against the terrorists by the security forces, a large number of terrorists have been neutralised during the past few years," he said. When asked whether the reasons of the Pulwama terror attack was the failure of intelligence, Reddy replied in the negative. "All agencies are working in a coordinated manner and the intelligence inputs are shared among various agencies on real time basis. "The investigation by NIA into the Pulwama attack so far has resulted in identifying the conspirators, suicide attacker and the vehicle provider," the minister said. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on February 20 took over the probe into the February 14 terror attack in Pulwama from the Jammu and Kashmir police. Tensions flared up between India and Pakistan after a suicide bomber of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Muhammed (JeM) killed 40 CRPF personnel in Kashmir's Pulwama. In response to the attack, the Indian Air Force struck a JeM terrorist training camp in Pakistan's Balakot area on February 26.

Top Headlines

‘No Reason To Comment On Pakistan’s Frustration’: MEA Reaffirms J&K, Ladakh As Integral Parts Of India
‘No Reason To Comment On Pakistan’s Frustration’: MEA Reaffirms J&K
Delhi Police Concedes To Rahul Gandhi, Agrees To Register FIR For Sahil Lochab
Delhi Police Concedes To Rahul Gandhi, Agrees To Register FIR For Sahil Lochab
BJP Alleges Congress Offered Rs 25,000 To Influencers For Rahul Gandhi’s Pune Event
BJP Alleges Congress Offered Rs 25,000 To Influencers For Rahul Gandhi’s Pune Event
‘Pellet Guns Can Be Fired, But Justice Denied’: Rahul Gandhi Vows To Fight For Sahil Lochab FIR
Rahul Gandhi Vows To Fight For Sahil Lochab FIR

Videos

BREAKING: Rahul Gandhi's Police Station Protest Intensifies as Congress Demands FIR in Pellet Gun Case
BREAKING: Rahul Gandhi Stages Sit-In Outside Delhi Police Station, Demands FIR Over Pellet Gun Case
Breaking News: Rahul Gandhi Seeks FIR Over Alleged Pellet Gun Use Against Students in Delhi
Breaking: Rahul Gandhi Demands FIR Over Alleged Pellet-Gun Use on Students, Stays at Delhi Police Station
Breaking: Rahul Gandhi at Delhi Police HQ: Possible Jantar Mantar Pellet-Gun Complaint Under Review

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget