Explorer

After 1 Lakh Students File Petitions To Cancel Board Exams 2021, CBSE Makes Big Announcement

Several students urged the Education Ministry to postpone the exams for at least a month and then take a further review based on the number of cases.

New Delhi: Soon after nearly 1 lakh students of class 10 and class 12 signed an online petition demanding cancellation of boar exams 2021, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday responded to students' plea stating that the examinations will take place, but with all necessary arrangements in place. 

Bogged by the second wave of Coronavirus across the country, students signed petitions urging the government to either cancel board exams scheduled to be held in May or conduct them in online mode. Even, hashtag "cancelboardexams2021" has been trending on micro-blogging site Twitter since last few days. 

Students' Concern

"The situation in India is getting worse day by day. When there were only a few cases in the country, they cancelled the remaining board exams and now when the cases are at a peak they are planning to open schools. We urge the education minister to look into this matter and cancel all examinations to be held this year as students are already under a lot of stress," a petition on Change.org said.

Several students urged the Education Ministry to postpone the exams for at least a month and then take a further review based on the number of cases.

Normally, practical exams of the CBSE are conducted in the month of January and written exams take place in February and conclude in March. However, keeping the deadly Coronavirus pandemic into consideration, the education board decided to delay the exams and rescheduled it in May-June.

CBSE's Response

Responding to students' concern, CBSE along with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) ensure students that adequate safety arrangements are being made for students and all Covid-19 guidelines will be followed during the exams.

"Adequate arrangements are being made to ensure the students are safe and all COVID protocols are followed. The number of exam centres has been increased by 40-50 per cent to ensure social distancing. The staff at exam centres is being sensitised to ensure all guidelines are followed," a senior CBSE official told news agency PTI. 

Schools across the country were closed in March 2020 to contain the spread of COVID-19 days ahead of a nationwide lockdown announced by the Centre. Many states started reopening the schools partially from October last year, but physical classes are again being suspended in view of second wave of the virus in the country. 

Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI

Top Headlines

Delhi Class 9 Students To Get Vocational Courses, Third Language And Advanced Math Options
Delhi Class 9 Students To Get Vocational Courses, Third Language And Advanced Math Options
UGC-NET Re-Exam Row: Students Take To Streets, Demand Answers And Accountability From NTA
UGC-NET Re-Exam Row: Students Take To Streets, Demand Answers And Accountability From NTA
Dehradun Rain Alert: Are Schools Shut Tomorrow? Roads Blocked As Heavy Rain Pounds Uttarakhand
Dehradun Rain Alert: Are Schools Shut Tomorrow? Roads Blocked As Heavy Rain Pounds Uttarakhand
'Don't Do Injustice': JSSC CGL Candidates Oppose Exam Cancellation In Jharkhand, Threaten Legal Action
JSSC CGL Cancellation: Why Are Selected Candidates Protesting Against Jharkhand Govt?

Videos

Breaking News: Delhi Police Tells Supreme Court No Excessive Force Used During July 20 Student Protest
Breaking: Ram Temple Donation Theft SIT Report Gives Clean Chit to Champat Rai, Anil Mishra
BREAKING NEWS: Bombay High Court Grants Bail to Sachin Andhure in Narendra Dabholkar Murder Case
POLITICAL UPDATE: Amarpal Maurya Named BJP OBC Morcha Chief, Focus Shifts to 2027 UP Polls
BIG UPDATE: BJP Names Vinod Tawde as UP In-Charge Ahead of 2027 Assembly Elections

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget