Explorer

'Correct The Mistakes,' Peeved China Reacts To India's Digital Strike On Its 118 Apps

India has banned altogether 224 Chinese apps so far including popular ones like TikTok, WeChat and UC Browser.

Reacting to the third digital strike, China on Thursday opposed India banning Chinese mobile apps and said that the move to ban 118 more mobile applications violates that legal interests of the Chinese investors and service providers. ALSO READ | PUBG Ban: No More 'Chicken Dinner'! Check Complete List Of Apps Banned In India After India decided to ban 47 more Chinese apps last month in addition to the previously banned 59 Chinese apps, the Ministry of Information & Technology on Wednesday banned 118 Chinese mobile applications, in yet another blow to China. Government has blocked 118 mobile apps which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, Defence of India, Security of State and Public Order, Central government stated. China Asks India To Correct Its Mistakes China meanwhile has been quite evidently unhappy with the previous two sets of bans on its mobile applications. It is pertinent to note that by banning its two most significant apps TikTok and PUBG, which had immense popularity among Indian users, government has dealt a huge financial blow to the country. Now that India has launched a third digital strike against the country, China appears to be irked and loosing patience. Speaking on the development, China's Commerce Ministry spokesman Gao Feng in a press briefing today said, Beijing is seriously concerned and resolutely opposes the ban on Chinese mobile Apps. Indian actions violate the legal interests of Chinese investors and services providers and China asks India to correct its mistakes. ALSO READ | PUBG Ban: Why India's Latest Digital Strike On 118 Apps Is A Big Jolt To China? 224 Chinese Apps Banned India has banned altogether 224 Chinese apps so far including popular ones like TikTok, WeChat and UC Browser which had a huge user base in India. Indian government has launched the digital strike at a time when Chinese apps are already faced with rising concerns about espionage and data security in other countries as well. The move comes amid heightened tensions with China over border issue in Ladakh. The first digital strike by India was done in the wake of the June 15 clash in which as many as 20 Indian soldiers were killed in the Galwan Valley. After several days of standoff, India in June end banned the first 59 apps of China including Tik Tok and We Chat. A month later India added 47 more Chinese apps to the list.

Top Headlines

Qatar Denies Capturing 3 Iranian Pilots After Downing Fighter Jets, Calls Claim 'Misleading'
Qatar 'Categorically Denies' Capturing 3 Iranian Pilots After Tehran Demands Release
Israel President Herzog, PM Netanyahu greet India on Independence Day
Israel President Herzog, PM Netanyahu greet India on Independence Day
Trump’s Latin American Allies Strengthen Ties With Israel
Trump’s Latin American Allies Strengthen Ties With Israel
‘Building On Human Bones’: How Russia Is Remaking War-Ravaged Mariupol
‘Building On Human Bones’: How Russia Is Remaking War-Ravaged Mariupol

Videos

BJP Attack: Dushyant Gautam Targets Sonia Gandhi Over Vande Mataram Controversy
Vande Mataram Controversy: Vande Mataram Row Erupts at Congress Headquarters During Independence Day Ceremony
Youth Power: PM Modi Puts Gen Z and Gen Alpha at the Centre of Viksit Bharat Vision
Vande Mataram Row: Sonia Gandhi’s Alleged Objection at Congress HQ Sparks Fresh Political Clash
Vande Mataram Row: Congress Headquarters Sees Controversy Over Singing of All Six Stanzas of Vande Mataram

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget