Explorer

Bengaluru: 15 Schools Receive Bomb Threat Via Mail, Students Evacuated

The police are involved in a search operation across Bengaluru. However, till now no explosives have been found.

Karnataka police said fifteen schools in Bengaluru received bomb threats on Friday morning through email. The email said that explosives were present on the school premises. Karnataka Home Minister Dr G Parameshwara said, "At present, we have received information about 15 schools where threatening e-mails have been received." 

"Last year also such threats were received. We cannot take any risk, we are inspecting the schools and are taking all precautionary measures in schools. We will take strict action against those who are making threatening calls. We are looking into all aspects," the Minister said.

 

ALSO READ: Telangana Exit Polls: Congress Edges Past BRS In ABP-CVoter Survey, BJP Drags Far Behind

On Friday, the school authorities as soon as they received an email immediately alerted police. The police sent bomb disposal squads and anti-sabotage check teams.

They immediately evacuated students and staff from the school premises, police said, adding no suspicious objects have been found yet.

The parents rushed to schools in panic as soon as they learned about the incident to get their children back home safely.

"The email claimed that explosives had been planted on school premises. We received a call from the command centre and immediately rushed our teams to schools which are located in different parts of the city," a senior police officer said.

Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah said, "Police will investigate, and I have directed them to do so. Security measures have been taken, and parents need not panic. I have instructed the police to inspect the schools and enhance security. A preliminary report has been received from the police department."

On the bomb threat, Karnataka deputy CM DK Shivakumar said, "I was watching TV, the school opposite to my house also got a threat mail. I came here to check. Till now it seems like a threat call. But we have to be very cautious about it."

Top Headlines

Iran Fires 2 Missiles Towards UAE, Residents Warned Amid Rising Tensions
Iran Fires 2 Missiles Towards UAE, Residents Warned Amid Rising Tensions
Kejriwal Blames BJP For Satyendar Jain’s Arrest, Calls It ‘Dictatorship’
Kejriwal Blames BJP For Satyendar Jain’s Arrest, Calls It ‘Dictatorship’
CJP Warns Centre Of Action Over Delay In Withdrawing FIRs Against Protesters
CJP Warns Centre Of Action Over Delay In Withdrawing FIRs Against Protesters
‘Credibility, Robustness Of India’s Election Machinery Globally Established’: MEA On Trump Remarks
‘India’s Election Machinery Credible, Robust Globally’: MEA On Trump Remarks

Videos

BREAKING NEWS: Champat Rai and Anil Mishra Get Clean Chit in Ram Temple Donation Case
POLITICAL ROW: Vande Mataram Controversy Intensifies After Congress Sings Only Two Verses
BIG CONTROVERSY: Naxalism Victims Question Leaders Calling Themselves ‘Ideological Naxals’
Breaking News: Delhi Police Tells Supreme Court No Excessive Force Used During July 20 Student Protest
Breaking: Ram Temple Donation Theft SIT Report Gives Clean Chit to Champat Rai, Anil Mishra

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget