Explorer

Haryana INLD Chief Murder Case: 2 Shooters Nabbed From Goa, Search On For More, Say Cops

The police have said that two shooters have been nabbed from Goa in connection with the murder case of Haryana INLD chief Nafe Singh Rathee.

Two shooters, identified as Saurav and Ashish, have been held from Goa in a joint operation conducted by the Jhajjar Police, Delhi Police Special Cell and Haryana STF in connection with the murder case of Haryana INLD chief Nafe Singh Rathee. The police have said that a search is underway to nab two more shooters.

Earlier, the Jhajjar Police announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh each on information about the three identified accused in the case.

"A reward of Rs 1 lakh each will be given to anyone giving information about the accused: Ashish, Nakul Sangwan alias Deepak Sangwan and Atul," the Jhajjar Police said on Saturday.

Nafe Singh Rathee was shot dead last week by some unidentified assailants near the railway crossing at Bhadurgarh in Haryana's Jhajjar.

A gangster based in the United Kingdom, Kapil Sangwan, claimed responsibility for the murder and the police said the verification of the social media post was underway.

The opposition questioned the law and order of the state. Congress leader Deepender Singh Hooda said the INLD leader had sought a security cover fearing a threat to his life, but his pleas were ignored.

"I pay my sincere tributes to Nafe Singh Rathee. The current govt is presiding over a 'Jungleraj' in Haryana. The entire law and order machinery seems to have submitted to the writ of the lawless, as gangsters and criminals are roaming fearlessly across the state. We want the strictest action to be taken against the culprits. The Home Minister should take moral responsibility for the killing and step down. He (Nafe Singh Rathee) had been pleading for a security cover and even met the Home Minister, the CM and the police administration. However, his pleas were ignored by the government. This government has to answer for this killing," Deepender Hooda said.

Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij has assured action and vowed that the accused in the murder will not be spared. The case has also been handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation. 

Top Headlines

‘Congress Should Apologise’: Sudhanshu Trivedi On Vande Mataram Controversy
‘Congress Should Apologise’: Sudhanshu Trivedi On Vande Mataram Controversy
‘Ask The Mother Who The Father Is’: Tamil Nadu BJP Chief Nagenthran’s Remark On CM Vijay Sparks Row
‘Ask The Mother Who The Father Is’: Tamil Nadu BJP Chief’s Remark On CM Sparks Row
Indonesia Hit By 6.5-Magnitude Quake Hours After Deadly 7.7 Tremor Kills 38
Indonesia Hit By 6.5-Magnitude Quake Hours After Deadly 7.7 Tremor Kills 38
‘4% Hindu Population, They Would Rather Stay With Us’: Pak Prez Zardari Claims, Mentions ‘Akhand Bharat’
‘4% Hindu Population, They Would Rather Stay With Us’: Pak Prez Zardari Claims

Videos

BJP Attack: Dushyant Gautam Targets Sonia Gandhi Over Vande Mataram Controversy
Vande Mataram Controversy: Vande Mataram Row Erupts at Congress Headquarters During Independence Day Ceremony
Youth Power: PM Modi Puts Gen Z and Gen Alpha at the Centre of Viksit Bharat Vision
Vande Mataram Row: Sonia Gandhi’s Alleged Objection at Congress HQ Sparks Fresh Political Clash
Vande Mataram Row: Congress Headquarters Sees Controversy Over Singing of All Six Stanzas of Vande Mataram

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget