Explorer

Malegaon Blast Accused Lt Col Purohit Gets Bail After 9 Years

1/5
Purohit has challenged the April 25 Bombay High Court order which granted bail to another accused, Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, but rejected his plea.His wife said nine years have been a rocky path and had full faith in the apex court.
Purohit has challenged the April 25 Bombay High Court order which granted bail to another accused, Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, but rejected his plea.His wife said nine years have been a rocky path and had full faith in the apex court.
2/5
Purohit had told the apex court that till date charges have not been framed against him while those under the MCOCA (Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act) have already been dropped. He told the court that he has been in jail for the past nine years and was entitled to bail.
Purohit had told the apex court that till date charges have not been framed against him while those under the MCOCA (Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act) have already been dropped. He told the court that he has been in jail for the past nine years and was entitled to bail.
3/5
The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to Lt. Col. Prasad Shrikant Purohit (retired), the main accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast which killed seven people. A bench of Justice R.K. Agrawal and Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre granted conditional bail to Purohit asking him not to tamper with evidence. Purohit is lodged in Taloja jail.
The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to Lt. Col. Prasad Shrikant Purohit (retired), the main accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast which killed seven people. A bench of Justice R.K. Agrawal and Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre granted conditional bail to Purohit asking him not to tamper with evidence. Purohit is lodged in Taloja jail.
4/5
The investigating agencies had earlier allegedly attributed the blast to right-wing group Abhinav Bharat. (FILE PIC/AFP: Forensic experts search for clues at the blast site in Malegaon.) INFO/IANS
The investigating agencies had earlier allegedly attributed the blast to right-wing group Abhinav Bharat. (FILE PIC/AFP: Forensic experts search for clues at the blast site in Malegaon.) INFO/IANS
5/5
The scene of the blast site is pictured in Malegaon, some 175 miles (280 kilometres) northeast of India's financial hub Mumbai on September 30, 2008. At least seven persons were killed in the explosion. FILE PIC/AFP.
The scene of the blast site is pictured in Malegaon, some 175 miles (280 kilometres) northeast of India's financial hub Mumbai on September 30, 2008. At least seven persons were killed in the explosion. FILE PIC/AFP.
Sponsored Links by Taboola

Top Headlines

Vijay Slams DK Shivakumar Govt Over Deaths Of 3 Tamil Men By Karnataka Forest Department
Vijay Slams Shivakumar Govt Over Deaths Of 3 Tamil Men By Karnataka Forest Department
UGC NET 2026: NTA To Conduct Re-Exam For English, Commerce, Sociology After ‘Multiple Errors’ In Papers
UGC NET 2026: NTA To Conduct Re-Exam For English, Commerce And Sociology
Vande Mataram Row: Shah Demands Apology From Sonia, Rahul; Police Complaints Filed Against Gandhis
Vande Mataram Row: Shah Demands Apology From Sonia, Rahul; Complaints Filed
Bangladesh Sets 2 Conditions For PM Tarique Rahman’s India Visit, Seeks Hasina Extradition
Bangladesh Sets 2 Conditions For Tarique Rahman’s India Visit, Seeks Hasina Extradition

Videos

Political flash: Amit Shah targets Congress over Vande Mataram controversy in Rajasthan
BREAKING NEWS: Delhi Kalyanpuri Murder Shocks Area as Sanitation Worker Dies in Knife Attack
UP 2027 Election: Gen Z Takes Centre Stage as Yogi, Akhilesh Step Up Youth Outreach
BREAKING NEWS: Varanasi Airport Firing Leaves Two Security Staff Injured
Farmers' March Update: Khanouri Border Sealed as Haryana Police Deploy Five-Layer Barricading
25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget