Explorer

ICSE Board Exams: CISCE Says Students Will Not Be Forced To Give Exams; Gives Options For Evaluation Of Final Results

Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) has said that students will not be forced to appear for the pending Board examinations of classes 10 and 12 and has given options for students for the final evaluation of results.

New Delhi: The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) has decided not to force students to appear for the pending Board examinations of classes 10 and 12 which are scheduled to begin from July 1. The Board submitted their decision to the Bombay High Court on Monday in response to a petition. Initially, the exams were scheduled between February 27 to March 30, but due to the nationwide lockdown, the exams from March 19 onwards were cancelled. Read Also: Unlock 1: PM's Interaction With CMs Of 21 States, UTs Today At 3 PM; Why States Have Been Divided In 2 Groups? The new schedule to conduct remaining exams was announced last month but it was opposed by parents as there was a surge in cases of coronavirus in the country. Parents also started a Twitter campaign 'Cancel ICSE Exams' to dissuade the Board from going ahead with their decision. Some parents also submitted petitions to the Supreme court for cancellation of the exams. The decision was submitted in response to a petition filed by Arvind Tiwari who challenged the ICSE's decision to hold Class 10 examinations from July 2 to July 12 across Maharashtra. Also Read:  Amid Map Discord With India, Nepal Schools Make Mandarin Mandatory After China Offers To Pay Teachers' Salaries According to the response by the CISCE at the Bombay High Court, students will be given an option to either
  • give the pending exams as per the scheduled timetable
  • Or to use internal assessment, pre-board exams conducted by their own school, or the subjects for which board exams were already conducted as the basis for determining their final performance. The results of the other subject will be determined by the student’s performance in the examinations held so far.
Students will have to submit their options to the respective schools and the options of each student will be ascertained informed to the board by June 22. Students will be able to make a subject-wise choice between the above-given options. The CISCE also clarified in the notification that if a student wished to change their option, they can any time before the exam is conducted by informing their school. The notification also said that, if the exams that are supposed to be conducted in July are completely cancelled, then the results of the pending exams will be based on internal assessment and pre-board exams conducted by their own school, or the subjects for which board exams were already conducted as the basis for determining their final performance. Despite the opposition, the ICSE has told the Court that examinations should be held and that all safety measures will be undertaken. It was also informed that if a student is unable to attend the exam because he or she is suffering from Covid-19 or a family member is suffering from it, or if he or she is residing in a containment zone, such a student can appear for re-examination in September 2020.

Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI

Top Headlines

‘Not Even Fit To Be Booth-Level Leader’: Shehzad Takes Jibe At Brother Tehseen Over ‘Sugar Scam’, Targets Rahul Gandhi
‘Not Even Fit To Be ...’: Shehzad Takes Dig At Brother Over ‘Sugar Scam’, Targets Rahul
Cong Leader Demands Deepender Hooda's Removal From CWC Over Sajjan Kumar Remarks
Cong Leader Demands Deepender Hooda's Removal From CWC Over Sajjan Kumar Remarks
PM Modi, Amit Shah Greet Citizens On National Space Day 2026; Praise ISRO Scientists
PM Modi, Amit Shah Greet Citizens On National Space Day 2026; Praise ISRO Scientists
Tehseen Poonawala, Under House Arrest Ahead Of ‘Sugar Scam’ Protest, Offers Sugarcane Juice To Cops
Tehseen Poonawala, Under House Arrest Ahead Of ‘Sugar Scam’ Protest, Offers Sugarcane Juice To Cops

Videos

Breaking: Chirag Paswan Says Quota Is a Constitutional Right, Not Charity
LUCKNOW RESERVATION ROW: Savarna Morcha Protesters Demand Quota Reform and SC-ST Act Review
UP RESERVATION ROW: BJP Faces Opposition Heat as 2027 Polls Near Over Quota Reform Debate
UP POLITICAL WATCH: BJP and SP Step Up Outreach to Lodi Voters Ahead of 2027 Assembly Polls
DELHI ALERT: 15-Year-Old Mithun Falls Into Open Drain in Jasola, NDRF Rescue Search Underway

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget