Explorer

Interpol Red Corner Notice Issued Against 2024 Sambhal Violence 'Mastermind' Shariq Sata

The notice was issued because Sata, after being declared a fugitive, fled to Dubai using a forged passport. Uttar Pradesh Police requested the CBI to get Interpol to issue it.

Show Quick Read
Key points generated by AI, verified by newsroom
  • Interpol issued Red Corner Notice against fugitive gangster Shariq Sata.
  • Sata masterminded Sambhal violence; fled to Dubai using forged passport.
  • Police now seek Sata's extradition for multiple criminal cases.

Sambhal (UP), Aug 21 (PTI) A Red Corner Notice of Interpol has been issued against fugitive gangster Shariq Sata, the alleged mastermind behind the violence that occurred in Uttar Pradesh's Sambhal on November 24, 2024, a police officer said on Friday.

Superintendent of Police of Sambhal (who is now the SP of Bijnor) Krishna Kumar Bishnoi told reporters that Sata, the mastermind behind the November 24, 2024, violence, was previously declared a fugitive offender by a court, with proceedings initiated for the attachment of his property. Following the completion of the necessary formalities, the Uttar Pradesh Police had requested the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to get Interpol to issue a Red Corner Notice against him.

Sata had fled to Dubai using a forged passport and his family members have frequently travelled there. Police maintained a close surveillance on him and submitted a detailed dossier to the CBI, which subsequently coordinated with Interpol to get the Red Corner Notice issued.

Efforts will now be made to get him arrested and extradited from whichever country he is in, ensuring that he faces legal action for the November 24, 2024, incident as well as for the 55 to 60 other criminal cases previously registered against him, Bishnoi said.

Tension erupted in Sambhal on November 24, 2024, when protesting locals clashed with security forces during a court-ordered survey of the Shahi Jama Masjid following claims that a Harihar temple previously stood at the site. Four people were killed and dozens injured in the unrest.

During the investigation, Sata emerged as the prime conspirator in the case, the SP said, adding that he fled the country years ago and has been absconding since.

Despite multiple police raids, Sata could not be traced, following which a notice under section 84 of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) was pasted at his residence.

A lookout circular was already issued against Sata, Bishnoi said.

A Red Corner Notice is an international request from Interpol to law-enforcement agencies worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest an individual who is wanted for prosecution or to serve a sentence.

According to police, Sata was involved in several organised criminal activities, including vehicle thefts, across the National Capital Region (NCR) and Uttar Pradesh, while operating from abroad. 

(This report has been published as part of the auto-generated syndicate wire feed. Apart from the headline, no editing has been done in the copy by ABP Live.)

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is Shariq Sata and what is his alleged role?

Shariq Sata is a fugitive gangster and the alleged mastermind behind the Sambhal violence on November 24, 2024. He faces charges for this incident and 55 to 60 other criminal cases.

Why was an Interpol Red Corner Notice issued against him?

The notice was issued because Sata, after being declared a fugitive, fled to Dubai using a forged passport. Uttar Pradesh Police requested the CBI to get Interpol to issue it.

What was the cause of the Sambhal violence mentioned in the article?

The violence occurred on November 24, 2024, during a court-ordered survey of the Shahi Jama Masjid. Locals protested claims that a Harihar temple previously stood at the site, leading to clashes.

Advertisement

Top Headlines

Interpol Red Corner Notice Issued Against 2024 Sambhal Violence 'Mastermind' Shariq Sata
Interpol Red Corner Notice Issued Against 2024 Sambhal Violence 'Mastermind' Shariq Sata
Trump Calls Hormuz ‘American Territory’, Says Iran Ready For Deal But Not The ‘Right’ One
Trump Calls Hormuz ‘American Territory’, Says Iran Ready For Deal But Not The ‘Right’ One
Operation Sindoor: JeM Rebuilds Headquarters In Pakistan, Rs 11 Crore Spent On Central Hall Repair
Operation Sindoor: JeM Rebuilds Headquarters In Pakistan, Rs 11 Crore Spent On Central Hall Repair
Ukraine Farmers Struggle To Sell Harvest Amid War, Drought
Ukraine Farmers Struggle To Sell Harvest Amid War, Drought
Advertisement

Videos

BREAKING: Rahul Gandhi's Police Station Protest Intensifies as Congress Demands FIR in Pellet Gun Case
BREAKING: Rahul Gandhi Stages Sit-In Outside Delhi Police Station, Demands FIR Over Pellet Gun Case
Breaking News: Rahul Gandhi Seeks FIR Over Alleged Pellet Gun Use Against Students in Delhi
Breaking: Rahul Gandhi Demands FIR Over Alleged Pellet-Gun Use on Students, Stays at Delhi Police Station
Breaking: Rahul Gandhi at Delhi Police HQ: Possible Jantar Mantar Pellet-Gun Complaint Under Review
Advertisement

Photo Gallery

Advertisement
25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget