Explorer

Coimbatore Blast Case: 'Incriminating Documents, Bomb Material Seized From Mubin's House'

Mubin, a 25-year-old engineering graduate, was killed in the car explosion on October 23. He was previously questioned by the NIA in 2019 regarding his contact with the accused in SL's Easter bombing.

New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which has taken over the investigation into the Coimbatore blast case, has recovered incriminating documents and bomb making material from the house of Jameesha Mubin who died in the Coimbatore blast.

A search operation was conducted at the house of the deceased Jamesha Mubin, during which 109 articles were seized, including notebooks, in which their missions regarding Jihad were mentioned, an official of the NIA said.

"We recovered black powder, potassium nitrate, Black powder nitroglycerin, PETN powder, aluminium powder, sulphur powder, sterile surgical were recovered," the official said.

The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had on Thursday ordered NIA to take over the probe after which it registered an FIR.

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin had recommended a NIA probe into the case.

Also Read | Thiruvallur: Man Rapes, Murders & Dumps Minor In Waterbody, Arrested 

Mubin, a 25-year-old engineering graduate, was killed in the car explosion on October 23.

He was previously questioned by the NIA in 2019 regarding his social media contact with the main accused in the Easter Day bombings in Sri Lanka.

The probe agency is also investigating whether C.A. Rauf, the Kerala state secretary of the banned Islamist organisation, Popular Front of India (PFI) who was in hiding ever since the outfit was banned, had any role in motivating the youngsters including Mubin to take the extreme terror steps.

The NIA sleuths late Thursday night arrested Rauf from his residence in Pattambi located in Kerala's Palakkad district.

Immediately after the car blast, the Tamil Nadu police have arrested five accomplices of Mubin which included Mohammed Thalka, son of Nawab Khan who is the brother of Al-Umma founder and the main culprit in the Coimbatore serial bomb blast of 1998, February 14 in which 56 people died and 200 people injured.

The others arrested are -- Mohammed Azharuddin, Mohammed Riyaz, Firoz Ismail, and Mohammed Navas Ismail.

The arrested have been booked under the stringent Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA).

Top Headlines

BJP’s New Team: 51 New Faces, 14 Leaders Retained-Who Made The Cut?
BJP’s New Team: 51 New Faces, 14 Leaders Retained-Who Made The Cut?
BJP Announces New National Team Under Nitin Nabin; Vasundhara Raje, Smriti Irani Get Key Roles
Team BJP: Vasundhara Raje, Smriti Irani Return; Piyush Goyal Gets Key Role
Amit Malviya Reacts After Being Left Out Of BJP’s New Team, Congratulates Successor
Amit Malviya Reacts After Being Left Out Of BJP’s New Team, Congratulates Successor
Is Devendra Fadnavis Leaving Post? Why Maharashtra CM Met PM Modi Amid Delhi Buzz
Is Fadnavis Leaving Post? Why Maharashtra CM Met PM Modi Amid Delhi Buzz

Videos

Twisha Sharma Case: CBI Chargesheet Says Death Was Suicide
Breaking News: Ujjain Mahakal Temple Panic After Current Rumour, Devotees Injured During Nag Panchami Rush
Breaking News: Ujjain Mahakal Crowd Panic Leaves 13 Injured Amid Current Rumour, Crowd Management Questions Rise9
Breaking: Sawan Monday Turns Tragic as Lakhisarai Stampede, Birbhum Fire and Ujjain Chaos Raise Alarm
Breaking News: NTA Faces Fresh Heat as NSUI Protests UGC NET Re-Exam, Demands Accountability

Photo Gallery

25°C
New Delhi
Rain: 100mm
Humidity: 97%
Wind: WNW 47km/h
See Today's Weather
powered by
Accu Weather
Embed widget